Saturday 7 May 2011

depth of Luminesca (update 004)

Luminesca is now in the second half of its IndieGoGo crowd funding campaign, and we still have a long way to go if we want the game to meet its full potential. As I have a lot more time on my hands at the moment I'm pulling out all the stops and ramping up the workload: the updates are going to be bigger and better than ever, beginning with an overhaul to the game's art style!


I have swapped the flat old foreground layer for 3D models which allows me to use more advanced lighting effects (Luminesca is all about playing with light after all). I've also added lots of new environment art including twisted creepers, pod sockets, and bubbling tubeplants.

To help all the new effects run smoothly on older computers I have split the demo level down into smaller sections with transition points between them (using the new functionality I talked about in last week's update).




If you like what you see, please consider making a small donation to help support the project, or simply help spread the word.



No comments:

Post a Comment